PATIENT BILL OF RIGHTS
Your RIGHTS as a patient:
- You have a right to equitable, considerate, respectful care that includes consideration of your psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and personal values and beliefs.
- You have the right to know the identity and specialty of individuals involved in your care.
- You have a right to refuse to be served by any member of staff without jeopardizing your access to medical care.
- You have a right to prompt response to all reasonable requests.
- You have a right to confidentiality of all records and communications concerning your medical history and treatment to the extent provided by law.
- You have a right to participate or have your designated representative participate in the
- consideration of ethical issues, which arise in your care.
- You have a right to receive competent interpreter services when seeking care at The Heart Specialists Group.
- You have a right to a safe environment and to report safety concerns.
- You have a right to obtain a copy of any rules and regulations of The Heart Specialists Group that apply to patient care and conduct.
- You have a right to file a complaint or grievance. You may file a complaint by writing to The Heart Specialists Group, 1216 Route 22 West, Mountainside, NJ 07092.
Your RESPONSIBILITIES as a patient:
- To provide accurate and complete information about your present symptoms and other matters relating to your health as applicable to your cardiac care.
- To report unexpected changes in your condition to those responsible for your care.
- To inform Prescott Cardiology of any Advanced Medical Directive you may have, and to provide them with a copy of the Directive.
- To tell us if you do not understand the proposed plan of care and what is expected of you.
- To follow the treatment plan recommended by the practitioner primarily responsible for your care.
- Accept responsibility for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your practitioner’s instructions.
- To assure the financial obligations of your health care are fulfilled as promptly as possible; to give The Heart Specialists Group all necessary information we will need about the payment of your care.
- To follow The Heart Specialists Group, LLC rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
- To respect the property of The Heart Specialists Group, LLC.
- To respect the dignity of healthcare providers and staff of The Heart Specialists Group, LLC. This includes refraining from cursing, yelling, or engaging in other abusive behaviors, which may result in your being discharged as a patient of The Heart Specialists Group, LLC.